Motor Trade Insurance

What is Motor Trade Insurance?

Motor Trade Policies are designed to cover MOT/Service Centres, Vehicle Repair/Body Shops (including mobile mechanics & valets) and Vehicle Dealerships.  Motor Trade can be a complex area of insurance depending on the size of the business entity involved, however when separated into smaller bitesize sections it can easily be simplified to achieve a high level of understanding.

Sections of a Motor Trade policy include cover for the following:

  • Buildings
  • General Contents
  • Stock
  • Machinery & Plant
  • Business Interruption
  • Road Risks including:
  1. Own Vehicles
  2. Vehicles in custody (Customer Vehicles)
  3. Customer items in vehicles
  4. Trade Plates


It is against the law not to have a motor trade policy in place if you are making a profit or income from being a motor trader.

Motor fleet insurance at JPM

What cover do Motor Traders have?

Typically, Motor Traders will have a combination of the above listed cover types, however no two Motor Trade Companies are the same, so it’s important to make sure your insurance cover is reviewed and tailored specifically to your needs.

Get cover

In addition, JPM Broking Services can offer tailored risk management solutions if required.

For expert advice and assistance in getting the right Motor Trade insurance, contact us on 0121 269 5200 or request a quote online.

Our Other Sectors

Haulage Insurance at JPM


Find Out More >

Sports Club Insurance at JPM

Sports Clubs

Find Out More >

Manufacturing Insurance


Find Out More >

Motor fleet insurance at JPM

Motor Trade

Find Out More >

Veterinary Practice Insurance


Find Out More >

Insurance brokers


Find Out More >

Hospitality Insurance


Find Out More >

Financial Services at JPM


Find Out More >

Get in touch

If you're interested in speaking to one of our advisers, please do not hesitate to get in touch via our contact form.